The Mongo Brain

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Museum membership

I guess this is yet another sign that I'm staying in this city. J + I just bought a dual membership to the Carnegie Museums. For $100 we have a year long membership that lets us visit any of the four Carnegie Museums in "Picksburgh" (local dialect) an unlimited amount of time.

We went the Carnegie Museum of Natural History today to celebrate. J came back from Philly yesterday. He led a workshop and it went well. He designed a workshop for graduate students in an industrial design program to help them learn how to use different visualization techniques to brainstorm, sort out or capture ideas, and facilitate conversations.

The Carnegie Museum of Natural History and of Art are located within walking distance of work. I am pretty excited about this. When I lived in the DC area and was working on my dissertation, I would take work to a museum sometimes- the museums were free. It was nice because I could take a break and walk around to look at nice art work or people watch.

I have three more days before I start work. Whoo hoo!!!

1 Comments:

  • That's cool! You've made these museums "free", in the sense that when you go, you never need to stay long to get your money's worth, or wonder if you can justify going this time.

    I guess I've invested in my city in a similar way, because we bought season tickets to the opera. Oo, la, la. It sounds impressive but they were insanely cheap.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2010 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home