The Mongo Brain

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Favorite people #2

My husband is another one of my favorite people. As sappy as this might sound, it is totally true. He is so cool that I like talking about him every chance I get.

I don't know anyone else who is as good as he is about relating to people. When he engages in conversation with someone, he is sincerely interested in listening to them and talking WITH them, not at them. My grandma likes him- which is very important. He finds lots of beauty in the world and is not at all uneasy about admitting it. He has done so many cool things- a raft guide, a crisis hotline phone volunteer, a member of the staff at a homeless shelter, a teacher, a comic book artist, a performer, a comedian, a fast food cook, a group leader for a bunch of high school kids in Israel...there is probably a lot more that I don't know. Currently, he is a comedian, an educator, an artist, and a media activist. He is great with kids- he treats them with so much respect and dignity, regardless of their age. He continually does things that challenges him because he likes to learn about new things. He is wickedly funny.

He has helped me develop an affection for cracks in the sidewalk. Eventhough we do not share the same religious beliefs, he is very supportive of my spiritual growth. He is super smart and knows a lot about a lot of different things- world events, literature, history, science. If I talk physics and a math to him, he is not afraid to talk with me. Eventhough we are not from the same culture, he does not exoticize me or my family. I am continually challenged by him to be a better person. He encourages me to have good relations with my family. He also frequently helps me put things in perspective.

And best of all, he loves me- a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home