The Mongo Brain

Saturday, October 25, 2008

South Africa

So to respond to a comment to an earlier post on this blog, I will be going to South Africa over the week of Thanksgiving to attend a friend's wedding. I had put off purchasing the plane ticket because it was so expensive and because I didn't have a job beyond being a graduate student research assistant (not high paying enough to afford the flight to S.A.). Well, I got a job and finally bought the ticket, which ended up being 14 hundred (can we say OUCH?).

I do have to say that one plus of the downturn in the economy is that the dollar is doing a lot better now. So though the plane ticket hurts, being in Capetown doesn't hurt as much. My friend pointed out that all of the sudden, he got a 33% off of his wedding in South Africa because of the falling rand. I guess he can consider it a wedding gift from the rest of the world to him and his fiancee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home