The Mongo Brain

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

It Kicks!

And it squirms, wiggles, punches, and flops.
That is what is in my belly at the moment and it is called a fetus!

I have been noticing a lot more activity in my abdomen lately. Pretty durn cool.

Though I clearly look pregnant, the uterus has not reached the point where the activity is visually noticeable by the outside observer (like the emerging alien creatures ala James Cameron's Aliens). At this point, it's like my own personal secret. This sometimes makes long meetings pass in a more fun way. I've also discovered that if I press on my belly in spots, I can get the kiddo to react and press back. It's really fun (though I guess the kid might just be saying to me, "Mom! QUIT IT! I wanna nap."

2 Comments:

  • Awesome! I can remember one long afternoon about a week before R was born when I was trying to catch him on video so everybody would see that it really, obviously hurt and I wasn't just a big whiner. But I think he could hear the Flip turning on and off because after about an hour trying to catch him I gave up! There's some pretty wild videos on YouTube, though. Glad to hear you aren't suffering through lame meetings!

    By Blogger Shaela, at 4/06/2011 6:05 PM  

  • Shaela- I keep trying to get J to feel it and it is really hard. The kid might do a lot of movement (like right now) but when I get Jn to put his hand on my belly, even when we sneak up really quietly, the kid just stops. Performance anxiety?

    By Blogger Matty Lau, at 4/19/2011 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home