The Mongo Brain

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sharing a diary

Sharing a computer with someone is like sharing a diary. You bump against each other's personal business all the time and in unexpected ways. My husband recently had to borrow a computer from work because he had to send his laptop back to Apple to get it fixed. Since his computer was on, and I was too lazy to turn on my computer, I used his to attempt a post to my blog. During that weekend, we discovered that he had a bug bite that swelled suspiciously like a bedbug bug (needless to say, we were pretty concerned about it since we thought the ordeal was over). I wrote about how we were hoping that whatever bug bit him was a homosexual male with vestigal sex organs. Well, that particular weekend, i couldn't post on this blog at all. I think Blogger was doing some maintainence work that ended up lasting all weekend. I did a whole bunch of cut and pastes that didn't work, gave up, turned off the computer and promptly forgot about the whole thing. In using the borrowed computer, my husband needed to create some documents that also involved cutting and pasting some things for work. In the process, he ended up pasting in my post about homosexual bedbugs into his documents. As it turns out, his boss saw the comment and was a bit confused about why she was being told about homosexual bedbugs with vestigial sex organs.

So, this is a warning to all- be careful how you share your diary.

Post note: Of course I could always put everything I do under a security lock wherein I am the only one with the password, but really, I am too lazy for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home