The Mongo Brain

Thursday, December 15, 2005

procrastination

I really am not sure why I procrastinate. Part of it is that things just get in the way of the thigns I need to do. I don't really know why that happens but it does. Part of it is that I let things get in the way of the things i need to do- like what I am doing right now instead of the paper I should be writing.

Is it because I am scared of doing the work? Why? I know it is an issue of discipline, but I don't know why. It is more than just I need to put more effort into it because I am very good at creating tasks that require a lot of effort and discipline to carry through that can effectively distract me away from the work I need to do, like this paper I need to write. Like I am willing to create a whole new filing system and closet organization structure just to avoid doing this paper. I am willing to sit there and listen to a friend of mine struggle through life's big questions just to avoid doing the paper. All very worthy goals that require work. None of which are absolutely necessary RIGHT NOW- unlike this paper, which is due tomorrow at 5 pm.

Ugh, I am scared of when I need to write my dissertation how that will go. I fear I do not have enough discipline to get through it.
It kind of makes me pukey-nervous thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home