The Mongo Brain

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

blogs from friends and TV

I love that my friends and family create photo sharing and blog sites now. It makes it sooo much easier to keep up with my friends, especially since quite a few of them now have kids. I think what's great is that I get to see the lovely pics of my friends and their families when i need a break from my dissertation (or other writing). Since I don't own a TV, this provides me with nice little short bursts of distractios. It also helps me keep connected to folks I care about on a more "everyday" kind of basis. Then when i actually am able to chat with folks on email or the phone, we've already had the "let me catch you up on things" conversation and can spend time developing deeper connections.

So, folks, keep it up!

I guess I should do my part too.
To my friends who may be curious: I have not heard from the people who I interviewed with in March. They were supposed to have made their decision two weeks ago. I was sad, despondent, angry and anxious all last week. I think I have finally let it go and am now looking forward to looking for another job. In finding a job, there are always going to be some rejections and some offers- it's part of the game. I don't doubt that I will find gainful employment I can be happy with because education is a pretty big field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home