The Mongo Brain

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good morning!

Figured I should try to post regularly and will try to pick out time whenever I can.

This week the weather has been a bit cool but definitely on the mild side. Spring is here and by golly it is beautiful. I planted some tulip and crocuses this past fall. SInce March, I tried to put down some grass seed to repair our very very sad looking lawn. Some of them are starting to sprout but right now it looks like a bald man, a few thin shoots here and there. I have to stop putting down grass seed because I found out that the new shoots won't have enough time to put down roots to survive the summer heat here. We have lots of clay and when it gets hot, if the roots are too small or thin, the ground just bakes it and cooks up the roots.
I also recently found out that due to our laziness we have killed quite a bit of the ivy. I didn't think that was physically possible- doesn't ivy outlive and conquer EVERYTHING? We have these five large old trees that drop a lot of leaves in the fall. We raked all the leaves on the lawn but thought to just leave the rest to compost. Well, a good chunk of them laid on top of the ivy that is along the driveway. The ivy patches are trying to grow back but they too resemble the lawn.


I did a job interview in March for a position at a really really sweet organization. I have still yet to hear from them. I've done everything I could to let them know that I really really would like to work there (well short of camping out in front of their building). Now it is just the wait for them to respond. Sigh. Not very good at waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home