The Mongo Brain

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Profound thoughts lost

Every so often some really interesting ideas and questions pop into my head and I think, "Oh, that would make a great blog post. Gotta remember that for when I get a chance to blog." The problem is that I am not disciplined enough to remember to post regularly and when I finally do get around to posting, I forget what I was going to post about. This has been happening recently. I distinctly recalled on two separate occassions saying those two exact statements (ones quoted a few lines ago). But now that I have the time to sit quietly and write, I forget what they were. sigh.

Tonight my husband and I drove around in my neighborhood and we went by the field behind our apartment building. The floodlights were on and the fields were brightly lit in the unnatural white of the floodlights. There was a game going on and all these people were out by the fields either watching or just hanging around having a good time. It took me and my husband a little bit to figure out what game there were playing but then we saw these shiny heads bobbing up and down and knew- it was a football game. From the distance we were at, all you could really see were these little rectangular blobs with oversized shiny yellow or blue heads running along, so we decided to get closer and watch the game for a bit. As we got closer, the shiny heads got bigger but the bodies didn't. Then we realized that the kids who were playing were about elementary school aged kids. It was just too cute to see these little kids trying to play so seriously ("Hey, get up to the line!" "Go all the way out and line up with your guy!" "No, this way, THIS WAY! Hurry up!") but looking like anime cartoons of big headed aliens. Their heads underscored how tiny those little bodies were.

There weren't any serious tackling but every so often, there would be a little bit of a pile up before the ref could blow his whistle. It was so cute, they looked like they were having sooo much fun out there. It was a little odd though to see such little little kids playing such a rough and tumble sport. I've only seen tiny kids like that play baseball or soccer.

Gosh, they were soo li-ittle. I wondered if they could even see out of their helmuts.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home