The Mongo Brain

Friday, September 01, 2006

something for everyone!

Tonight, after waiting an entire summer, I finally saw Snakes on a Plane with my dear significant other. I am afraid of flying (well, it is the plummeting part I don't like) and my darling dear is afraid of snakes. My stomach has yet to uncoil. The snakes part really wasn't that scary to me.

I wonder what else could they put in that film that would touch on everyone's fears. In the movie, there was a hypochondriac on the plane and by golly, germs EVERYWHERE! At the end, the black man gets the white girl (hitting on white male fears of sexual incompetency; note, in the pelican brief, the romance that would have taken place between denzel washington and julia roberts was taken out of the movie- hmmm...) and there is even a guy they think is a homosexual (hitting on heterosexual male fears- reinforced by snakes chomping on male genetalia).

They could put in the following: a nuclear war, aliens, terrorist suicide bombers with a nuclear warhead attached to his or her body (hey, is that a nuclear warhead in your pocket or are you just really pissed to see me?), time, space and interdimensional warpholes, ghosts and lost or possessed beings, monsters, roaches (maybe that is just my fear), ebola virus (more scary than avian bird flu because it turns your insides into gooey black stuff, anthrax is not as contagious), killer bugs (like spiders gone wild, army ants or pissed-off killer bees), an economic depression with rampant starvation, psycho robots...anything else i forgot?

2 Comments:

  • For me, the movie would need giant cockroaches and looming quals... But who's scared of interdimensional wormholes? Those things are fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 12:29 PM  

  • Ewww. Giant cockroaches...how about giant cockroaches ON the quals. Interdimensional wormholes...you never really know how sanitary those things are. They get used by everyone and everything. How gross is that?

    By Blogger Matty Lau, at 9/08/2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home