The Mongo Brain

Monday, December 04, 2006

I am tired.

Last month was overwhelming. This month didn't start off too hot either.

I went away to California for a conference. I dislike business travel more and more as I get older. Found out that a conference proposal of mine was accepted (it was part of a symposium proposal). Great but it means a lot of work between now and April. A friend of mine, and also my old roomate, passed away. He died of bipolar disorder by committing suicide (it is still hard to type out those words). I had too many guests in for my two bedroom apartment. All that socializing sucked out what little energy I had left after dealing with jetlag and my friends death. Then found out that my husband was no longer going to be working come January (I misunderstood and thought it was end of January for some reason). On Nov 29th, I thought, how much more can we fit into this month?

A friend of mine told me that there is a southern American tradition of saying "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" first thing in the morning on the first day of the new month. I woke up and forgot. The first thing I said was something like, "Sorry, sweetie, did I wake you up?" to my husband. As I went through my day on Friday, Dec. 1st, I kept looking up at the sky to see if it would fall down. Well at about 1:45 in the afternoon, I found out that the father of a professor I work closely with had passed away. sigh.

I'll remember to say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" next month. I think this month is shot. maybe since, it is the first day of the new year, the good luck will last all year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home