The Mongo Brain

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a weakness...

I have an affinity, okay really a weakness, for desk and fancy bathroom supplies.

Every time I go by Staples, Office Max, any stationary store, Linens -n-Things, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, L'Occident, Crabtree and Evelyn, or any store with fancy bathing accoutrements, I feel a little weak in the knees, a tug at my psyche and a longing in my heart. It doesn't matter that I have more thank you and blank cards than I have time to write. It doesn't matter that I have organic facial mask stuff and fancy soaps that are still waiting to be opened. If I could just find that perfect pen to go with that superb piece of paper or that heavenly towel that I will use after I have bathed in some luxuriously scented bubble bath, then my life will be wonderful.

But that's just the start. When I really get into thinking about it, it isn't just pens, towels, papers, and soaps. It is also shelving, organizers, furnitures, fixtures, and the decorations that go with the environments in which those things are enjoyed.

It isn't just the rooms for the office and the bath. It is also what view is outside the windows of those places. I was once in a bathroom in NYC where one of the walls of the stalls was a huge ceiling to floor window. We were far enough away and high up in enough that I don't think anyone could really see in, but the view of the East River and the Brooklyn Bridge was just lovely. If I were to live in a large city, that would be my dream bathroom.

That would mean I would have to earn enough money to purchase a place where I could have a bathroom like that.

Will work for a good bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home