The Mongo Brain

Friday, March 17, 2006

Tired? Wine?

Okay, maybe it is that I am tired. Or maybe it is the wine. In any case, I just wrote an email to two of my friends making an argument for socio-cultural views of thinking using a Star Trek episode. My argument was that it is not possible to separate physical reality from mental reality. Namelly, that if we were able to take the "essence" of who you are and put you into another body (this was in the episode called Host in season 4 of Star Trek: The Next Generation), you are no longer the same you that you were in the previous body. Your physical being shapes your experiences and hence you- because all that you are are derived from your experiences (not to say that you are only your experiences).

So I am blaming it on my physical impairment to inhibit behaviours such as academic gibberish to the wine and my fatigue. See what a little liquor will do to you?!?!? Friends don't let friends drink and think!

Oh, on another note- I got a camera. Ihave been having so much fun. The trouble is that I don't know how to get the pictures and the video off the camera onto my computer. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to read the manual.

1 Comments:

  • Forget reading the manual... that will just prevent you from blogging more... isn't this post already a month old!

    hey!!!!! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/06/2006 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home