The Mongo Brain

Saturday, May 03, 2008

wanton...

I planted tulips in the fall so that they would come out this spring. All winter I anticipated these lovely and graceful red flowers when the weather got warmer. Well, the tulips emerged this spring and boy, did they emerge! I planted traditional champagne glass shaped ones and double layered petal ones. Well, when my tulips finally opened, they just popped right open and threw their petals way back. I was so shocked at how wanton my tulips were, curling their petals way back and waving their reproductive organs in the air for anything to help them move their pollen along, be it an insect or the wind. As I watched the tulips in my neighbors yards emerge, I became more and more embarassed. My tulips were downright trashy! I was so glad that they were hidden from the street by my azalea bushes. They might think I was advertising a flora bordello or something! But when you came up the front porch steps, there they were, in plain sight.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home