The Mongo Brain

Friday, December 19, 2008

Bacon is the new chocolate

Every Thursday at my spouse's workplace there are cupcakes. Someone there is very obsessed with baking interesting cupcakes from scratch. This week, they had banana bread cupcakes with a peanut-butter butter cream frosting topped with bacon sprinkles. Yes, bacon sprinkles.

Eww.

I had always thought of myself as being fairly open-minded about food. I have eaten congealed duck blood, chicken feet, and cicadas on purpose. Don't get me wrong, I like bacon. When I was vegetarian for five years, I deeply regretted having to give up pepperoni and bacon. But bacon and peanut butter? That just seems so wrong. I am also of the mindset that bacon and sweet milk chocolate should not go together.

I have to admit, my spouse raved about those cupcakes. I generally respect his tastes but he is also the kind of person who will eat almost anything that is put in front of him.
Caveat: He is not totally indiscriminate. There is one line he will never cross again. We tried the Taiwanese delicacy called smell tofu and never again. They really do taste and smell like old rank gym socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home