The Mongo Brain

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Supper

For my birthday this year, my spouse agreed to take me out to "a fancy restaurant with really good food". It was important that the atmosphere was nice. I knew I was taking a risk here because I have been to many fancy restaurants that charged a lot of money and was disappointed with the food. I don't deny that the food was probably better than average but I have very high standards when it comes to good food. So, my darling dear, set out to find me an appropriate restaurant. After many many hours of searching and calling for reservations, we ended up at a place called Supper. It was a bit pricier than we would normally do but it had great reviews, was close to home, and looked like it had the kind of ambiance I wanted.

Well, I was not disappointed last night. Here is their description:

"Chef Mitch Prensky
presents a menu of New American cuisine tempered by French and Italian techniques and global influences, with a variety of ways to enjoy your dining experience: Hors D'oeuvres; Plates, slightly larger than an appetizer but smaller than a main course; The Large Plate, for the heartier appetite; and Desserts."

We ordered two hors d'oeuvres, two plates, a full cheese platter and a dessert. The waiter (Alex) did a marvelous job of helping us select just the right wine and figure out how to pair the dishes so that they arrived in just the right flavor combinations as well as provide us the right amount of time to linger over their flavors. J and I ran out of words to describe our experience and the food. It was decadent but not overwhelming. It was such a superb experience that when I think of it, I still smile.

That is what a lovely restaurant experience should be!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home