The Mongo Brain

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dangblast it!

None of the traps were triggered this morning. Upon closer inspection of the trap in the cabinet where I keep my pots and pans, the bait "tray" was EMPTY!!! Dang those little bloody sneaky critters! This was the bait tray that had the fish sauce soaked tofu. GRRRR!!!!

Peanut butter they won't take but tofu they will.

I am contemplating putting bait on a small piece of glue trap paper that I stick on the trap. Then the mouse is stuck and the trap goes off. The trouble is how to get the glue trap paper to stay on the mouse trap WITHOUT sticking me and thus triggering the trap.

I must also give credit where credit is due. My friend (who has her own stylish blog) gave me a good suggestion on how to set the mouse trap without hurting myself. Use a wrench to hold the metal arm back while you set it. THen slowly release the wrench when you are ready to set it. I have improved on this method with the assistance of a chopstick (when in doubt in the kitchen, I always refer to my Chinese roots). So while I hold the metal snapping arm down with the wrench, I position the trigger bar. I noticed that as I release the wrench the trigger bar would inevitably get shifted out of place. So I use a chopstick to hold it in place while I let the wrench go. I'll see if I can post pictures at a later date. I have a feeling I am going to have to re-bait and re-set the traps pretty soon.

sigh...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home