The Mongo Brain

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Soccer!

Soccer entered my life on Wednesday. I played with a bunch of fellas from my university- they do low key pick-up games on Wednesdays. I can't say my life has never been the same, but I can certainly say that it has left its mark on my body. My legs were sore for three days straight; my shoulders still hurt; I've got bruises on my legs from when I bounced off someone from the opposing team. AND! And I decided to look up the women's soccer league in my area to see if I could join them. That was certainly an eye-opening experience. I am thinking of joining the thirty and over women's team in the fall. I am now in the old-fuddy duddy category of "30 and over". Yeah, once past thirty, their bodies are so shot that there is no difference between and eighty year old and a thirty one year old. I am being facetious here. In all seriousness, I am planning on continuing with the pick-up games during the summer to build up my endurance and help me learn how to play soccer. Then I will be ready in the fall to play in the "30 and over" category. Either that or I run a half marathon in the fall. I think my partner is rooting for soccer. My partner used to be a big soccer buff.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home