The Mongo Brain

Monday, December 22, 2008

Bacon sprinkles- reprised

I had one of the bacon sprinkled cupcakes this weekend and need to report on the experience.
Well, the banana-bread cupcake was a delicious and moist. The peanut-butter butter cream frosting was pretty good, not too sweet and not too heavy. And the bacon sprinkles...

...well...

well, they are just like bacon, and cold bacon at that. I had hopes that it would prove me wrong. Well, I wasn't offended by it but I wasn't wowed either. Cold greasy bacon isn't as fun as hot crispy bacon. Also, smoked meats doesn't go so well with banana bread and butter creamed frosting.

But, I do have to admit, salty does go well with sweet. I think if I were to bake my own cupcakes (as well as make my own butter cream frosting) I'd put some crushed salted pretzels on top. That would satisfy the crunchy salty goodness that would bring out the peanutty, banana-y yummiess of the cupcake. And this is speaking strictly as a back-seat baker who has more suggestions about how to improve than ability to actually carry out the suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home