The Mongo Brain

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My favorite power point presentation so far.

In various cities all over the world, folks will get together to do power point presentations. The rules are: 20 slides at 20 seconds each. It's called Pecha Kucha. This was originally started by two architects in Japan who decided that they wanted to showcase the work of new architects in a format that would definitely engage the audience. By limiting the time and number of slides, you really had to integrate your visual information with your verbal information.

I had learned about this from J and had always wanted to see one. At my initiation into this, I got to watch J make a presentation on a subject near and dear to his heart- snakes. I think this is powerpoint presentation, or any presentation for that matter, at its best.

I'm inspired now to see if I can do something like this for my dissertation presentation. I might need more than 20 slides though. Or, I could try to convince my committee to let me do a 6 minute 40 second dissertation presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home